Energy Efficiency Programs
your home energy-efficient helps protect the environment, reduce pollutants, save
energy and puts money back in your pocket – all without sacrificing your comfort.
Together, we can identify home improvements you can make and we can even offer financial
help to make your energy-wise choices happen.
- Home Energy Assessment: Our trained experts will visit
your home, analyze your home’s energy consumption, recommend ways to conserve and
provide incentives to help you along the way.
- Income Eligible Energy Efficiency Services: Insulation, caulking, and other
steps are important to controlling your energy costs. We’ve partnered with community
action agencies to connect income-eligible customers with help regardless of how
you heat your home.
- ENERGY STAR® Consumer Products:
ENERGY STAR®-rated appliances, like clothes washers, refrigerators,
room air conditioners and more use up to 50% less energy and water.
- ENERGY STAR® Lighting: ENERGY
STAR®-qualified lighting and fixtures provide the light you want,
but use up to 75% less energy and last up to 20 years!
- ENERGY STAR® Heating and
Cooling: Mail-in rebates are available for ENERGY STAR® qualified
central air conditioning systems and energy efficient heat pumps.
- Residential New Construction: If you plan to build a new home,
make energy efficiency a priority from the beginning and enjoy lower energy costs and greater comfort.
- Refrigerator/Freezer Recycling Rebate
Program: Did you know your second refrigerator or freezer costs up to $150 a
year to run? Ditch it for free and get a $50 rebate.
- Room Air Conditioner Rebate: A $25 instant price discount is available when you buy a select ENERGY STAR® certified room air conditioner. Save energy and escape the heat!
- Clothes Dryer Rebate: WMECo is offering $200 toward the purchase of a high efficiency clothes dryer.