To some, storms are not just an inconvenience - they may be
life threatening. Our Medical Alert system helps customers
who may be dependent upon electrically operated life-support
equipment. We will specially code your account and contact
you if we become aware of a significant storm that may cause
power outages. We cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, but
we can help you better prepare.
Call our Customer Service Center at 413-781-4300 (within the
Springfield calling area) or 877-OK-WMECO (877-659-6326) (outside of the
Springfield calling area) for more information or to enroll
or send us an email
with the type of equipment you use.
We also encourage you to have a back-up plan in the event
your service is interrupted.
- Have an alternate source of electric power on hand, such
as a battery backup system, an uninterruptible power supply
or a properly installed generator.
- Make sure your alternate power source will sustain you
for up to 7 days.
- Keep emergency telephone numbers handy, including your
doctor, police, fire and ambulance service.
- Keep a fully-charged cell phone on hand. You may lose
phone service, and many cordless phones do not work during
- Make arrangements to leave your house in the event of a
- Have a battery-powered radio or television available
to keep abreast of changing conditions.