Look out for power lines!
Never underestimate the power of electricity. For safety's
sake, every power line should be treated as though it is
To reduce the risk of electric shock, know your work
environment and follow these safety tips:
- Be on the lookout for power lines and equipment.
- Use a spotter when operating heavy equipment.
- Establish a clearance boundary around power lines
before work begins.
- Be aware of electrical hazards when you guide a
- Call "Dig Safe" (1-888-DIG-SAFE) for all underground
Please call 800-880-2433 before working near power lines.
For more information, see our Reminder for Contractor Safety
(PDF:702KB) and read our Contractor Safety Brochure