Held in multiple communities across western Massachusetts, Utility Days are events
specifically designed to help customers with financial challenges find ways to afford
and maintain year-round electric service. At the events, WMECo representatives will work
one-on-one with customers to develop budget plans, manage outstanding balances, reduce
future bills through energy efficiency measures, and more. For the convenience of our
customers in need of additional help, local assistance agencies will be available to
help with enrollment in their programs.
Customers can make electronic payments at the events, such as EFT through a checking
account or by using a MasterCard Credit Card. Cash payments, personal checks or money orders
will not be accepted at the events.
The 2012 Utility Days took place in March and April. Customers seeking Payment Assistance
should call 877-OK-WMECO (877-659-6326) to speak with a Customer Service representative.
To apply for energy assistance you'll need:
- Latest copy of your electric bill
- Proof of current gross household income from the past four weeks or proof of unemployment, disability, etc.
- Proof of public assistance/benefits such as WIC, SSI, MassHealth, etc., if applicable
- Fuel Assistance letter, if already approved
- Final WMECo Termination Notice, if applicable
- Copy of bank statement (needed to apply for energy assistance only)